PROJECT #4 BY JOSH


Comments

Lindsey said…
I love this image Josh. The object itself is really intriguing and the way you have photographed it has given it a sinister mood I think. I like that it is suspended and back-lit. I'd be interested to know what the image on paper is - is it newspaper?
Anonymous said…
Yes I used newspaper
Hannah O'Hara said…
This is a very effective photo-sculpture Josh and it's really interesting that you have repurposed a newspaper. You've taken an object which is usually temporary and disposable and given it a new meaning through making it a precious object and viewing it in a new way, you have given it a new purpose. You may like the artist Thomas Demand, he takes preexisting images from the media and creates life sized models which he then photographs.

Thomas Demand: https://www.moma.org/calendar/exhibitions/116
Juliette said…
I really like this image Josh - its a strange, unidentified (flying?) object with a lot of hidden depth!